Empowering Today to Achieve a Better Tomorrow


Public Schools

School Based Mental Health


Jordan Gruenberg, LPC-S, LADC/MH 

Erica Davis, LPC

Jae Miller, LCSW

Cody Keyser, LPC-C

Rachel Williams, LPC-A 

Grant Allows MPS to Deploy Student Advocates in Response to Trauma 

The Mustang Student Advocacy Program is funded by the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Grant and focuses on assisting students who have been directly or indirectly by a crime such as bullying, harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence or other crimes.   Student Advocates provide resources, limited counseling, family support and intervention assistance in the school setting so that students can overcome the impact of trauma and continue in their educational endeavors.  

We respect the confidentiality of families and students and want to provide support in the most difficult circumstances.  Please reach out to an advocate if you feel you or your child need assistance and support recovering from a traumatic event. 

MPS receives funds for more counselors

Mustang Public Schools was among 181 school districts to receive funds for counselors from the Oklahoma State Department of Education.  Mustang received $534,000.  The districts will be able to use the funds to hire more counselors and mental health professionals.
More that $35 million is being distributed statewide in federal funds through a grant program called the Oklahoma School Counselor Corps.
Districts applied for the grants to fund approximately 50% of the cost of the salary and benefits of qualified positions.  In the application, districts were able to specify exact needs for school counselors, licensed school-based mental health professionals, social workers, recreational therapists and/or contract for eligible positions or services.
The grant will fund the positions for three years or through the 2023-24 school year.
MPS has added 3 licensed counselors, a school counselor and a recreational therapist with the grant.  These positions will provide much needed support for students across the district.  If you have a child you feel is in need of mental health support, begin by contacting your school counselor.

Resource Links